Back in January, we reported that Instagram was trialling support for direct messaging on its desktop site, but only for a small percentage of its users.
The change was a prerequisite to the ultimate unified messaging experience which is to come, between not only Facebook and Instagram, but also Whatsapp.
Now, Instagram has announced that the feature is available to all.
The change should benefit Windows 10 users in particular, who are dependent on the PWA which has less features than the full Instagram app. This improvement would bring the PWA much closer to parity than before.
- Apple launches new ‘Careers at Apple’ website
- Apple’s AirPods Max gets its first discount
- New Samsung trademarks suggest Galaxy Z Flip3 and Fold 3 owners will not need to worry about durability
- Casio announces the first G-SHOCK Smartwatch with Wear OS by Google
- Google Fi app for iPhone adding ‘Privacy Screen’ to protect voicemails with Face/Touch ID